LRN.FM welcomes you to our experimental Matrix chat server! Please read this page fully.
WARNING: Matrix is the Wild West of internet chat. Think of it like IRC with a voice chat and video chat option. Anyone can create and admin their own channel. See below for a list of official channels. Official channels have a few rules: No spam, no flooding, no threats, no racism/bigotry.
TROUBLEMAKERS: Moderators can remove all your recent posts with two clicks – don’t waste your time trying. Regarding channels you may create, if we feel they are detracting from the server being a welcoming place for people to join and participate, we’ll remove channels at our discretion. If you keep it up, we will ban you from the server entirely. Don’t waste your time or ours.
Joining the LRN.FM Matrix Server:
1. Download a matrix-compatible client like Element. It’s available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and there’s even a web browser version.
2. At the initial screen on Element, press “create account”, then choose Advanced and change the server from the default to: https://matrix.lrn.fm
3. Press Next and type in your preferred username, password, and if you like, your email. If you used your email, confirm your email. Press register.
4. Read and accept the Server Policy.
5. Generate a security key. You should save this somewhere safe. It will come in handy if you log out of your account. It will allow you to log back in and see all your encrypted messages.
6. Log in to your new account on the LRN.FM Matrix server!
You’ll find some things about Matrix are better than Discord, like you can make your own chat rooms. While other things aren’t quite as good. However, there’s no one holding an axe over our heads now. So, let’s see how this experiment goes!
Calling via Matrix
To use Matrix to call into the show, you must open a direct chat with the LRN Studio account. Press the + button under “people” and select this user: @lrn.fm:matrix.lrn.fm
Once you’ve invited the LRN Studio account to a chat, we’ll join the chat and at that point you can then press the phone icon to make the call.
Please feel free to send your feedback in the #feedback room.
Thank you for your support of LRN.FM!
Official Channel List: